Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Super Cool Summer Card

Hello!  Hope everyone is enjoying this summer heat (I'm trying)!  The weekend here was actually quite enjoyable, but I know more yucky heat is heading this way!  I just try to stay inside of air conditioned dwellings during this time... :)  Sunday I went to the theater (one of my favorite places in the summer) and watched the movie "Brave" and today I am going to have lunch with some friends.  YAY!  This week at Joy's Life we were asked to make a project that uses summer colors: orange, yellow, and turquoise.  I just can't get mixed drinks out of my head right now...  Not sure why!  :)  I guess this could also be lemonade... Between yesterday's card and today's, I need to have a BBQ really soon!

 


A2 sized card
Pack Your Bags- drink cut at 5.82"
Cuttlebug- d'vine swirls
Joy's Life Stamps- Sweet Popsicle Puns
Patterned paper (I think mine is from Wal-Mart)
Ribbon
Puffy ball ribbon (not sure what to call it!)

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you're finding ways to stay "super cool" this summer!  :)

10 comments:

Brenda said...

Cute drink card Amy! I love those colors together and the sentiment is cute! We got to turn off the ac yesterday and today, but the 90's are coming back at the end of the week. But at least with the 90's I can lazy in the pool. lol

KraftyKoolKat said...

A really gorgeous card you have here sweetie. Alas no nice weather here in the UK, I have webbed feet.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Dr Sonia S V said...

This is awesome Amy---I have to CASE it real soon!

Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Rosalee said...

Adorable card Amy. Love the little pom pom ribbon. So cute.
Hugs, Rosalee

Migdalia said...

Fabulous Card Amy!!!Love the Pom Poms...Cute!

TeresaK said...

I love this card! I love the trim you used on it as well!
Thanks for sharing!
Teresa
www.createenjoyshare.blogspot.com

Patty B said...

What a fun card, Amy! I love your use of the fringe on it..makes it more festive! :)

L.B. said...

I love the pom pom strip begind the fun drink!!

kisatrtle said...

Now I'm thirty

Sherrie K. said...

Great mix of colors and love the touch of embossing and the pom pom ribbon..so cute!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com