Monday, January 9, 2012

Sweet Cherry Card

Hello and Happy Monday everyone!  I had a great first day back with my students today!  They were so excited to be back (they felt as if it had been months) and they coudn't wait to show off their new clothes, shoes, etc. from Christmas!  :)  They were also very good considering they'd been out of the loop for 3 weeks...  They fell right back into the rules and routines (and, of course, super-fun learning)!  Hee hee...  Here is a card that I made for a few challenges.  I would give this card away as a "thank you" card or as a "just because" card.  One of the challenges was to keep it CAS (clean and simple), which can be tough for me.  I resisted to urge to start adding twine and Stickles!  :)

Made Especially for You- machine embossing
My Craft Spot- include a delicious treat (I love cherries)
CAS-ual Fridays- use chipboard
Frosted Designs- cardstock only, no patterned paper
Little Red Wagon- yellow, polka dot





This is a 4 1/2 x 4 1/2" square card
Country Life- cherries cut at 2.53"
Mini Monograms- scalloped circle cut at 3.47", yellow circle cut at 3.67"
Cuttlebug- argyle, polka dots
The Paper Studio- chipboard letters
Glossy Accents
Foam tape

*I cut a solid scalloped circle and then used my Crop-a-Dile to punch holes around the edge to give it a little something extra.

Hope you had a great Monday!  See you soon...  :)

27 comments:

Pat N. said...

Pretty card. I love the two yellows you used, and that it is clean and simple. Very nice, Amy!--Pat N.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super sweet! Great embossing!

Ashley said...

What an adorable card! The embossing looks great. :) Thanks for playing along with us this week at Made Especially For You!

Ashley
http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

KraftyKoolKat said...

Fab embossing sweetie.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Karen said...

Cute card! The red cherries look great against the yellow! Love the embossing too! :)

Karen
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What a sweet card! Love the embossing!!!

Thanks for joining us this week at Frosted Designs!

Sherrie K. said...

Sweet card..love the embossing:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Shelly said...

Very sweet:) love the yellow combo, looks great with a little pop of red.
Shelly

Nita said...

So sweet! I LOVE the yellow (reminds me of Sunshine and summer, which I need today in the midst of our snow!), and the embossing is perfect. You took CAS and made it gorgeous Amy! :)
Nita
www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

Rosie said...

what a cute card!!!!


rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

Fabulous card! I love the colors and the embossing!! So sweet!!! lol I love cherries too and yours looks good enough to eat!

Glora said...

This is SO pretty and I'm just loving that yellow with the cherries. Beautiful job! Hugs- Glora

Amy said...

Super cute Amy! I love the glossy accents on the cherries, and the great embossing! I have a hard time with CAS too- you did a great job! :)Amy

Daisylove Creations said...

Such a cute card, love all the embossing!! I love the yellow with the red cherries, such a cheerful card :0)
TFS!
Diana
daisylovecreations.blogspot.com

DIANA L. said...

Super card great for all the challenges.

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Lolis said...

Super cute, love the colors and the embossing!

Jenny Evans said...

Love it! Love the two tone yellow with the pop of red from the cherries! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Frosted Designs this week!

Karen H said...

I love how cheery this is! I've been thinking the past week or so that I *really* want to make a spring-y or summery card. This makes me want to even more. Gorgeous embossing, which makes it hardly seem like it's merely cardstock throughout. :o) Lovely! (So happy you're back, by the way!)

Hugs and blessings!
http://kaleidoscopicsparkles.blogspot.com

Beckie said...

This card is so cute. I love it's cheery brightness. Thanks for playing along with us at ME4Y.

Be Blessed, Beckie

Suzanne Russell said...

So sweet and cheery! Love the warm weather look of it!

Virginia L. said...

FABULOUS textures and colors! So glad that you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lisa said...

What an absolutely adorable card, Amy!! The embossing adds such great texture and I love the cherries!! :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Rosanne said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Love the embossing you've used. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

scrapqueen141 said...

Love this, sooo cute! Thank you for joining us at Made Especially For You!
http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

Tammy said...

Very SWEET card!! Thanks for playing with us at LRW!

Devi said...

I love this card! Love the colors! :)

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Cute! Love the embossing! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

Kimberly