Saturday, October 15, 2011

Another Update

Hello everyone!  I'm so sorry that I haven't been on here to give you another update...  I want to start by saying that I appreciate all of your kind words and support!  Every time that I receive another comment from one of my buddies, I feel so much better!  :)  I apologize in advance for the negativity in this post, but it is unbelievable that someone I trusted did this to me, and it helps me cope when I am able to vent and discuss this.  This will be the last post that I ever write about Daniel Lagow (I feel the name Danny is too cheerful a word for him)...  In the week since I last posted I have found out so many disturbing things about this person, that I literally can't believe I have been fooled for this long!  I spoke with Daniel's mistress on the phone and she did not know about me (well she claimed not to).  She said that she met him in July 2010 at a bar.  He wasn't wearing a ring, asked her for her number that night, and then told her he has been divorced for 3 years!  I'm disgusted knowing that he picked her up like that, then came home to me and crawled into my bed!!!  I told her all of the lies that he has been feeding me, and I told her that he was sleeping in my bed up until he moved into her house almost 3 weeks ago.  He called me after I hung up with her, and he threatened me and yelled at me.  I have also discovered that he was keeping me a secret from his co-workers!  He has been telling everyone that he works with that he has been divorced for 2 years!  I found it strange that he never introduced me to his friends, but he does work an opposite schedule from me, so it made sense that our paths never crossed...  One of his co-workers found it strange that he was saying we have been divorced 2 years, but he was still driving my car to work...  His family didn't even know that Daniel had taken my car from me, and that I haven't been behind the wheel of a car in 2 years!  He told his family that we were sharing my car, which is not true.  Daniel has been taking dinner to his mistress on lunch breaks, and telling me he is working over time almost every night and then going to her house after work.  He even worked "over time" on my birthday, his birthday, Valentine's Day, our anniversary, etc.  As I mentioned, he has moved in with her (the day he left me) and it is less than 2 miles from my home!  Daniel went to my sister's wedding in Las Vegas with me in July, and he told his mistress and co-workers that he was going on a guy's weekend!!!  In reality, he was spending time with his wife, her family, and sharing an intimate moment with all of us!  After Daniel left me I also discovered all of the bills he didn't pay and I found out that he has been smoking cigarettes for years!  His co-worker told me that when he was in school they used to tell him to bring me out with them when they went for a few drinks and he would tell them "she used to party, but she doesn't anymore", or he would say "she doesn't like to go out".  That really hurt my feelings because I am a really fun person, and I do like going out!  I'm also disgusted because I paid for Daniel's college education, and I supported him financially at home by paying all of the bills.  I also used to quiz him for tests, proofread his reports, etc., etc...  I'm sad that his friends never got to meet me, and that they probably have a very different picture in their head of me (and, of course, they think that I'm his ex-wife)...  If his mistress has any common sense (*Update, she doesn't have any common sense- he's still living there), she will get rid of him right now before it's too late!  After she talked to me, he probably turned on the tears, told her he would never do that to her, he never loved me, he left me for her, blah, blah, blah...  He is a sociopath, a pathological liar, and a parasite!  I was his host for a while, but he has drained everything out of me, and he has moved on to the next host!  I will end this post with some pictures of the wedding that I had with this person 5 years ago....  I will never think of this day again, nor will I ever mention Daniel's name.  November 18 will no longer be a day of remembering our wedding, it will be a day that I breathe a sigh of relief knowing that I got rid of this crazy person.   The love that I had for him is completely gone and I hope that someday I find a real man that can treat me the way that I deserve to be treated!  These pictures make me feel empty inside because I feel that he never really cared about or loved me (he has some mental problems that keep him from feeling human emotions)... 









And with that I am closing this chapter of my life...  I can't say that I regret meeting him because I learned a lot about myself and I really do love his family...  But I do feel that he has wasted 10 years of my life, and I will not waste another minute!!!!  :)  See you soon with a crafting project of some kind!!!  :)  Thanks again for the support you have shown me...

27 comments:

Amy said...

Amy I am so sorry that you are going through this! I can't believe anyone would do this to someone---he does have MAJOR issues, and although it is difficult now- be glad you are well rid of him. What goes around, comes around- and he is an absolute SLIME. You are a wonderful person, and deserve so much more. Keep your chin up- you will get through this and be better off. Thinking of you- your blog buddy- "the other Amy"

Dr Sonia S V said...

Amy you are a courageous lady and you are doing the right thing to put a full stop to the whole thing. Praying for you to have the strength and let this not defeat you.
Lots of Love
your blogger pal
Sonia

Anonymous said...

I love his family too...they are good people! As for Danny, all I can think to say is that I'm glad he is out of our lives forever. I seriously think he is a dangerous person. Love you and I really do hope you close this chapter and move from horror stories to more joyful and loving ones!

Love,
Your Sis Joni

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

That is just so awful! Stay strong and stay focused on you! Sending my thoughts and prayers your way!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Karen H said...

My dear crafty friend, I am so sorry for this horrible ordeal. You are so strong, vibrant, and loving... and those characteristics will bring you out of this with the most gorgeous smile. I wish this had never happened to you (of course), but have every confidence that it will make you even stronger. I am sending up extra prayers for you and sending you all the love and light I possibly can. I'll resist making this a novel... just be assured that you are so dearly loved and I am SO PROUD of you for closing this chapter. Your rainbow is coming, my friend.

Extra hugs and blessings!

Maribel said...

Amy,
What a creep! I'm so sorry to hear that this happened to you. He does sound twisted, I can't imagine any sane person creating a double life! You are strong, fun, beautiful and talented. It's a good thing he is out of your life forever. As for his next victim, at least you gave her a warning. I will keep you in my thoughts. Keep the faith! Don't let anything get you down. Just think of your kiddos and your family. Those people matter and one day you will find the right guy.
Lots of love,
Maribel

Alison said...

Oh my goodness, what a horrible thing to have to go through. I can't even begin to think how messed up you have to be to keep your wife a secret and tell colleagues you are divorced - what a nutter!!
Hugs from across the pond
Alison
x

Nita said...

Amy, you keep hanging on. Guys like Daniel are the exception, not the norm. And he seems to be the EXCEPTION of the exception, if that makes sense.

You know what? I'm glad you shared your photos with us. Because gosh Amy, you are so BEAUTIFUL. Never let Daniel steal your smile. :)

Hugs and prayers,

Nita

Unknown said...

I am so sorry. There is a very similar (scary how similar) in my past. Dealing with wedding photos was also a way of closure. I don't regret the marriage, it helped make me who I am and like you, I learned so much from it. You will come out of this much stronger than you already are! You will also find that someone that will treat you the way you deserve to be treated. You are number one from here on! HUGS!!! and I look forward to the craft projects!
Jen

Tina said...

OMG!! I am so sorry I am just now seeing this! Amy I feel awful!! You are totally doing the right thing. Focus on you right now. Lean on your family and friends, including us in the crafting world. I am sending you great big hugs from the East Coast!! Thinking of you and sending you strength. You are strong, you are breautiful and you certainly deserve to be happy. Thinking of you!!
Tina xoxo

Pat N. said...

Amy, I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. Be strong (it seems you already are) and be careful, nonetheless. I wish you all the best with getting through this tough time. You will make it.--Pat N.

Georgiana said...

So sorry to hear this is happening to you. I always try to think of the positive side and it is better you found out now and can move on without being hurt any more. Good luck to you and enjoy the new journey that you will be taking.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Lolis said...

Oh Amy! I'm so sorry you have to be going thru this horrible ordeal!You are beautiful and so talented! My prayers are going your way! keep strong! Hugs, Lolis Flores

Unknown said...

Good for you my sweet Amy! You already sound so much stronger:) This guy is not worth your spit. And you did warn this other woman so now it's in her court. She is on her own, so put her out of your mind too. Walk tall, lift your head, smile, and be the beautiful woman God has always meant for you to be. Ray and I will continue to pray for you, and to pray that the right man comes into your life. You are unique, and wonderful!! You deserve someone as wonderful as you are. Hold out for God's best. Hugs, Pam

KraftyKoolKat said...

Hi Sweetie. I have been missing for awhile as I have move home. I am so sorry to read this on my return. Put it behind you sweetie. You deserve better. Pick your self up and dust yourself off and start living your life a fresh. I wish you all the best in your new freedom from this object that calls himself a man.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

HappyPlaceJen said...

I'm so sorry, Amy! I have some heartache going on in this dept, too. When I started my blog, I wanted it to be my "happy place" away from all of the reality I had going on in my life. And it is! So keep your craftiness going, Girl! If you ever want to chat email me at cricutcrazed at comcast dot net. HUGS!! ~Jen http://happyplaceforjen.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Wow, you are sooo right that he has some mental problems. To be that deceptive, he must be really messed up. Remember that during the emotional days ahead. Divorce is never easy even when it is the best thing to do in your situation. If I where there, I would give you a huge hug and tell you to keep staying strong. You do deserve better!

Jani
papercompulsions@gmail.com

Tara said...

Sorry to hear you are going through this. My thoughts are with you.
Tara

Pendra said...

So sorry for what you are going through, stay strong and stay true to yourself! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and look forward to see what you create now!
Crafty Hugs,
Pendra

Susan said...

Amy, I admire you so much! Even though your heart has been broken you are strong enough to say, "I deserve better". Yes dear, you do! He is a pathological liar, period. Nothing or nobody will ever be able to change that major flaw in him and in time it will become worse. You have such a beautiful life ahead of you now and that is something you would have never had with him. Also, kuddos to you for the courage to let the other woman know about him. You did the right thing. In time the pain will go away, the debts will be settled and you will look back on those weddings pictures and only see the beautiful strong woman you are. This I promise!

{{Hugs}}
Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Oh Amy, I am so very sorry you had to go through this. I can't believe what a despicable human being he is...you are so far out of his league - he never deserved you. You absolutely deserve better...and your strength and courage will get you through. You look so beautiful in your wedding pictures and I hope that some day, you can look at them and instead of feeling empty, see the strong, vibrant, wonderful woman that you are. The new chapter in your life will be awesome! And I will pray that God gives you the strength to heal, the courage to move forward and the wisdom to know that you are fabulous!!

I am so sorry for the delay in visiting you to lend my support...I was on a two week vacation out West. Stay strong my sweet friend!! Big hugs,

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

HK Cricut Crafting said...

I am sooo sorry Amy that you are having to go through this! YOu are a beautiful women inside in out! Sending you best wishes an will keep you in my prayers!
Hannah

Grammy Goodwill said...

Just checking in to see how you're doing. I read this post earlier but didn't comment until now. I hope you made it through yesterday and now it's over.

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Amy, I'm so sorry you've been through this tragic relationship. Thanks for sharing your heart and what you're going through. Hugs and prayers. ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Cely said...

Amy, you are a good person and you are treating everyone with courtesy and respect, even though this awful thing is happening. Even though it sucks right now, a little while from now you're going to say that you dodged a bullet... better it be now than never. Keep your chin up, girl. You are way too talented and too precious to give your time crying over a POS like him!!!

Kristie W. said...

I am so sorry that you have been going through such a tough time. I am so glad you are rid of that slimeball. Sending big hugs as you focus on you and building a new life for yourself.

DIANA L. said...

Amy,
I am keeping you lifted in prayer, for peace comfort and strength to face each day with more wisdom and discernment as you face the challenges ahead. I am also praying for your protection.
Big Hugs,
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/