Monday, October 31, 2011

Candy Corn Card

Happy Halloween everyone (well, what's left of it)!!!  I came home from work today and I just really wanted to make a card for Halloween while I still had the chance....  It was fun at work today, the kids always love this holiday!  They were actually really calm all day, you could have heard a pin drop during math!  :)  They had a costume parade and we had a party with lots of goodies...  This card was really fun to make...  I like the way that candy corns look (they are super cute), but I don't really like to eat them!  I'm more of a chocolate kind of girl...  :) 

Crazy 4 Challenges- include candy
Peachy Keen LFIF Challenge- creepy cute
Paper Playtime- anything goes



A2 sized card
Mini Monsters- candy corn girl cut at 3.82"
Peachy Keen Stamps- Everyday Character Face Assortment
My Creative Time Stamps- All Around Halloween
Stickles- yellow, star dust, black diamond
K & Company paper
Brads

Here's a picture from the Tarantula Festival that I went to this weekend.  It was a really fun festival, and I just can't get over the proud feeling I have for letting that spider crawl on me!!!  It is a seriously huge fear of mine, and I don't know why I felt compelled to let this HUGE guy walk on my hand!  I'm so glad that I did!  :)  This picture is of me and my mom...


AAAAAHHHHH!!!!  See you soon!  :)

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Amy, this is a very cute card, my friend. You are so creative!

The picture of you and your mom with that HUGE spider was amazing! I am really proud of you, but you would not catch me with that thing walking on me!!

You're still in our prayers, and you look so good!! Hugs, Pam

Candy said...

What a great little halloween card Amy! You are certainly braver than me. I wouldn't go close to that tarantula. Glad to see you posting again my friend.
Candy

Nita said...

Oh my GOSH! You're actually SMILING when that spider is crawling across your HAND!! SCREEECH! You are so much braver than me. I can barely look at the picture without cringing. I'm such a suck, I know. :)

Your card is SOOOO super cute! I love how *sparkly* it is. Totally made me smile. :)

Nita

Joanna said...

Eeek! so adorable! perfect for Halloween! Thank so much for playing with us at PKS Let's Face it Friday! Good luck! :)

Amy said...

What a fun and cute card- love the glitter on the candy corn kid!!! You are braver than me- I would have been hyperventilating with that spider on my hand :)Amy

Dr Sonia S V said...

Amy I am so happy to see you have made a fun card. Nice to see you looking cheerful once again too!

Love
Sonia

Sonias Blog said...

Brave girl!

Glora said...

This Halloween card is ADORABLE!!!! I love that sentiment of Emma's that you put on there! And the little girl with her blingy candy corn outfit is perfect! Hugs- Glora

Rachel said...

love your cute card, and what an amazing photo with that spider! he does look HUGE... probably a good friend to have on Halloween though :)

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Simply Pam said...

This card is adorable! The glitter really makes her pop. And I would never let that spider crawl on me. No way! :) Thanks for playing in paper w/ us at Paper Playtime!

Pam
Simply-Pam.blogspot.com
Paperplaytime.blogspot.com

kisatrtle said...

I just love this

GiGi said...

Super cute card! I love the sentiment, it goes perfectly!

Kim said...

how cute! I love the papers you used! thanks for sharing

Jennifer M. said...

This is a really cute card. I love the paper you used to make the candy corn look shiny. Great Job!

And an even bigger kudos for overcoming your fear of tarantulas. As for me, I will continue to look at those suckers from way afar! Hairy creatures with eight legs are not a good example of a cuddly pet. :)

Jen

Susan said...

Amy, Amy, Amy! Are you crazy?!?! OMG! I can't even look at that picture with the spider and you are letting that thing touch you! Argh!! I thought I had my biggest fear beat when I flew on an airplane for the first time at 31. I've now come to realize I just replaced the fear with spiders! Can't those big nasty things bite you with their big nasty fangs? lol!

Oh a lighter note here, I do think your candy corn card is cute! I bet those little faces on your students match the cute face on the candy! Also, I get quiet too when it comes to math...I think it's from my brain burning up! Hope all is going good for you Amy! ;) It's good to see you creating again!

Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

Cindy :) said...

eeeekkkkkkkk I could have skipped the spider on the hand pic, good lord, wtg though
that is a really cute card, I love the costume you made for her to wear, and her arms out like that remind me of the kid in the christmas movie, in his snowsuit and he can't put his arms down, lmbo awesome cards lot it

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

Hi Amy!

You card is darling! I think spiders are really cool and interesting... I just want them to stay outside and away from me! :)

Thanks so much for playing along with us at Peach Keen Stamps LFIF challenge!

Ruthie :)