I am the proudest Aunt in the world! :)
I love this picture! So cute that big sis is already looking after little sis...
Okay, since Thanksgiving is this week I figured I would share one of my favorite pie recipes with you! I love baking, and I have been designated the "family baker", so my job is to bring desserts to our holiday celebrations. This pie is always a hit, so enjoy!!!
Irresistible Pecan Pie
Original recipe makes 1 - 9 inch pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To Make Crust: In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and white sugar. Cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually sprinkle the water over the dry mixture, stirring until dough comes together enough to form a ball.
- On a floured surface flatten dough ball with rolling pin. Roll out into a circle that is one inch larger than pie dish. Place pie shell into dish and refrigerate until pie filling is complete.
- To Make Pie Filling: In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, light and dark corn syrups, brown sugar, butter, salt and finely crushed pecans. Spread quartered pecans over bottom of refrigerated pie crust. Pour syrup mixture over top of pecans, then arrange pecan halves on top of pie.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for one hour or until firm; let cool for one hour before serving.