Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Earth Day Card

Hey everyone!  Hope you are all enjoying your Tuesday!  I am back at work today, after the nice 4-day weekend...  I can't believe how fast this year is going by (both, the calendar year and the school year)!  Soon I will have to say goodbye to these kiddos...  :(  Anywho, today is another challenge over at Krafty GirlsThe challenge this week is to create a project using something recycled or create an Earth Day project.  As I was making this card, I was thinking about how excited my students get about saving the Earth.  They love to talk about recycling and they pick up litter on the playground, etc.  Last year, one of my students would thrust his fist into the air and say "We're Going Green"!  It was so cute!  I couldn't find any Earth images on the Cricut, so I had to freehand the continents onto a circle and then color it myself...  Hope you like what I came up with!




Create a Critter- hearts cut at 5.35", .76", .41"
George and Basic Shapes- circle cut at 3.12"
Zooballoo- tree cut at 3.59"
Scrappy Moms Stamps- Spring Fling
Stickles- Christmas red
Prismacolor watercolor pencils

Hope you'll join us over at Krafty Girls!  :)

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Super cute!!!! Love the way you made the Earth look! And I love that tree!!Great Job Amy!

Crafty hugs,
Jessica
www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

Arcy Scraps said...

It looks great! You did a great job at making/coloring the Earth!
♥ Cyndy

Amy said...

Great card- love the pen stitching and the tree!!! :)Amy

Jennifer said...

We only had a three day weekend, but no complaints here whenever those come along. :-) I love how flexible you were with the earth image, it looks adorable.

Shelly said...

What a VERY NEAT card! You are SO right kids LOVE earth day! My son and his friend started a recycling business last year after earth day and are still going strong - they're 7:) SO CUTE!
Love your card Amy, hope all is well!
Have a SUPER day!
Shelly

Anonymous said...

Amy! This is sooo cute! I love the hearts on the tree! Great Project!

Maribel said...

This is so pretty! I love the heart shape! The little hearts all over the tree are perfect! Lovely job coloring also:)
Maribel

Adrian said...

U did a great job!

L.B. said...

This is super pretty and meaningful

Brenda said...

Wow awesome job on this card Amy!! I can't believe your free handed the continents!! YOu did a fabulous job!! Love this card!!!

Karen said...

Very pretty card and your stitching is perfect! :)

Karen
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

Trail of Treasures said...

Amy, I absolutely adore this card!! Love how you created your own Earth and added the tree with hearts! Super krafty! :)

Hugs,
Tracey

Lisa said...

Amy, this is so awesome!! I can't believe you free-handed the continents!! They look fabulous!! And the stitching looks so pretty!! What a sweet card - I love it :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

DIANA L. said...

Super cute card. I really like the stickle hearts on the tree. Your coloring is great

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, awesome card Amy! I am so impressed with the free handed continents!! I love the tree and the stitching looks fabulous too!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Heather Lynn said...

super cute!!!! love!!