Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Donut & Coffee Card

I really wanted to enter the Die Cuttin' Divas challenge this week.  You are supposed to create a project using a Christmas image, but it can't be a Christmas card!  How fun!  Sooo....  I got out my Christmas Cheer cartridge and started looking for some inspiration.  When I saw the wreath it looked like a donut to me, so VOILA this is the card that popped in to my brain!!! :)  AND, what goes better with a donut than coffee?  Maybe a cup of cocoa, so this can be whatever you prefer! :)  Okay here it is......




A2 sized card
Christmas Cheer cartridge- wreath (donut) cut at 3.35", mug cut at 5.95", steam cut at 4.42"
My Pink Stamper stamps-  Spectacular Sayings
DCWV-  The Green Stack
Martha Stewart crystal fine glitter
Corner rounder
Scallop edge punch

*I used my Crop-a-Dile to make the holes bigger on the pink part of the donut so the yellow would show through more.  I also had to cut the bow off of the wreath....

Enjoy!!! :)

***I am also going to enter this in the Patches of Pink link up party!!!
Patches of Pink Link-Up Button

20 comments:

DIANA L. said...

Love this card I love the colors and the sentiment.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun! Looks yummy!

Sheila said...

So creative!

Misty Olsen said...

MMMMUUUUUUU!!!! Look's Yummy :o) I love hot cocoa....This is a really cute idea....I love the color combo used here...Nice Job

Mistyrose
Die Cuttin Diva

Georgiana said...

How neat is that! I just LOVE donuts, especially Bosotn Creme. You card looks fabulous. Thanks for joining Die Cuttin' Divas this week. I am so glad you joined us again. :)

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Crafting Misfit said...

What a creative way to use the wreath cut! You have done a great job! I love it :)

Rebecca
craftingmisfit.blogspot.com

GiGi said...

This is so great! I can't believe that is a wreath! Very creative! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I am now following you too.
thecricutbug.blogspot.com

Amy said...

What an an awesome idea!!! You are so clever- and the donut looks so yummy- never would have guessed a wreath! :)Amy

Jessica Buffa said...

What a cute card. Nifty idea to use the wreath as a donut!! Kudos!
:O)
Jessica

Paper Deckerations said...

WOW I love it! I thought hot cocoa at first since I'm not a coffee drinker LOL! LOVE your take on the challenge! GREAT card! Thanks for joining us at DCD!!

Cre8tiveVet said...

This is perfect! what a great card! Thanks for joining us at DCD. -Yvette
www.cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

Creative Diva said...

What a cute creation. Love the sparkle in the paper you used. It really does look like smoke comes out of the drink. Yummy. Thanks for playing along with us at DCD.

Hugs,
Patty
creativediva98.blogspot.com

Karen said...

I love this! So genius to convert the wreath into a sweet donut. :o) The sparkly steam looks amazing and I'm just crazy in love with this creation. Excellent work! :o)

Hugs and blessings! :o)

L.B. said...

It so looks like a donut! Great card!

Yuveria said...

Your card makes me hungry for a doughnut :) I love it. Thanks for joining our challenge at DCD :)
<3 Giselle

yuveriaseden.blogspot.com

bonnie said...

So super cute sweetie! I just love it! Thanks for linking up over at Patches of Pink! :) Hugs x

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a cute card

Anonymous said...

cute card. I am a new follower from Patches of Pink

Unknown said...

Very cute. Love the colors and that two tone effect of the green paper.

Jani
papercompulsions.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love this card! :-)