Friday, June 17, 2011

Operation Write Home- Back to School Cards

I was searching through blogs this morning and I came across one that is called Operation Write Home (OWH).  This is an amazing project that enlists crafters like us to make cards for soldiers to use.  The cards are sent to soldiers overseas, and they can write in the cards and send them to their loved ones.  The Stars and Stamps blog is having a Back to School challenge right now, and I just knew I needed to join.  The military and children really tug at my heartstrings, and this touches on both of those!!  Here are the two cards that I came up with for this challenge...





Both cards are size A2
Top Card:
Celebrate with Flourish:  "Back to School" cut at 2.84"
Cuttlebug:  stars
Glossy Accents
White gel pen
Bottom Card (this one was giving me photography problems): 
Hello Kitty Greetings:  books & apple cut at 3.71"
Sentiment was done on my computer using Kristen font, size 36
White gel pen
Black pen

I am also going to be using this in two linky parties.....  I think it would be great if a lot of people see this and want to participate too!  :)

Craft Junkie Too
Craft Junkie Too Friend

Patches of Pink

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I saw OWH recently, too! I'm thinking of getting involved. So glad you made these adorable cards for our servicemen and their families!

-Jessica

Paula S. said...

These are both so cute! I love the faux stitching and the stack of books with the apple is such a perect image for a school themed card. Great job with the challenge. I am glad you found Operation Write Home and decided to join in the fun.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Amy!

I'm so glad you found Operation Write Home in your blog browsing! Your cards are very very cute! The stitching you've added to the letters really makes them pop! Thanks for playing in our Back To School Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home!

Tracy said...

Fun card, fun colors and what a wonderful purpose. Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us on the T.G.I.F. Linky Party and I hope you play along again next week. Hugs!
Tracy

Lynn said...

Great cards! I love the bright lettering on the embossed stars! I am so glad you found OWH and plan on becoming involved. Thanks for joining us!

Tommy Miles said...

Fun card, fun colors and what a wonderful purpose. Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us on the T.G.I.F. Linky Party and I hope you play along again next week. Hugs! Tracy