Monday, June 13, 2011

Making an Accordion Flower

Hey my blogging buddies!  I just wanted to say a BIG "thank you" to all of the people who are leaving comments, and to those who are becoming followers!!!!  Every day that I turn on the computer and see that I have another follower (or comment), I get so excited!!!  Anywho...  Dawn asked me how I made the accordion flower for my butterfly birthday card. :)  There may be easier ways out there, but this is what I did.....

I cut a strip of white cardstock measuring 1 1/2" x 8 1/2". 


Then I used my Martha Stewart scoring board (I love this thing!) to score the paper every 1/4".


The last score mark leaves you with a piece that isn't exactly 1/4", so I cut that one off with my scissors.



Start folding your paper "accordion style" (not sure how to say that) until the entire strip has been folded.


Glue the two ends together so that you have a circle like this.  I used my Tombow tape runner to do this.



Start pushing the top down until it lays flat.  It will keep popping back up, so you'll have to hold it down with your hand.



I tore a small piece of white cardstock and glued it to the back of the flower.  It needed to be held down for a while, so I placed one of my MS punches on top.


Once it was dry I used my Crop-a-Dile to punch a hole in the middle, added a brad, and then used a glue dot to adhere it to the card.


 Hope this was helpful! :)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Thank you Amy. You make it looks so easy. I'm sure going to try making one of these flowers, they are so neat. Thank you again.