Thursday, May 19, 2011

40th Birthday Card

Hey there!
This is also another card that I submitted for NSD in the cupcake challenge.  It is a birthday card that I made for a friend of mine who just turned 40.  She is also a teacher at my school and it was really fun to decorate her classroom with black balloons and things that said 40 on them! :)  She likes animal print and she enjoys bright colors, so this is what I came up with....



This is an A2 sized card (my favorite size to make)
Sweet Treats Cricut Cartridge:  "40" candles cut at 2", cupcake cut at 3"
Cuttlebug Zebra Print Embossing Folder (from the animal prints set)
Sentiment: Hero Arts 'Birthday Messages' stamp set
Versamark Ink
Clear embossing powder
Stickles: Turquoise
Martha Stewart Crystal Fine glitter
Glossy Accents

I embossed the pink background with the Cuttlebug folder and I inked the raised areas with my Versamark ink.  I then sprinkled clear embossing powder over it and used my heat tool to set it.  On my Gypsy I hid the swirly pattern that was on top of the cupcake.  To make the candles sparkle, I ran them through my purple Xyron sticker making machine (upside down) and then sprinkled them with clear glitter.  I used Glossy Accents on the flames to make them look shiny.

My friend really liked this and I hope you do too! :)

No comments: