Saturday, May 28, 2011

Dog Mini Album- Part 1

Hey there everyone!  I made this mini-album for my sweet little pups!  It's dimensions are 5 x 7.  This was my first (and only so far) mini album that I've made.  I was excited with how it turned out!! :)  Today I will show you the cover and the first pages...


The paper that I used was Pressed Petals Dogs 'n Cats Assortment (I glued the paper onto pieces of old cereal boxes to make the pages).  The title was a sticker that I had (sorry I can't remember which brand).  Both of the dogs were cut from the Paper Pups cartridge.  The white dog was cut at 2.18", and I made it fuzzy using Fuzzy Fun Flock-Cotton Ball White.  The black dog was cut at 1.47", and I used Fuzzy Fun Flock-Plain Old Black.  I inked all of the edges with my Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip ink pad, drew on some collars with a red marker, and added Star Dust Stickles and Glossy Accents for the finishing touches.




I made the frames for the pictures by using 2 scalloped rectangles from the Create a Critter cartridge.  The big rectangle is cut at 6.51" and the inner rectangle was cut at 5.11".  To make the tennis ball I used the Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge to cut a piece of green paper at 9.82" (not sure why it was that big).  I made it fuzzy using Fuzzy Fun Flock- Lemonade Yellow, then I freehanded some white strips and cut them to glue on top.  For their names I used the Doodletype cartridge.  The letters are 1.24", and I welded them together using my Gypsy.  I used my white gel pen to do stitching, embossed them with "a la mode" sparkle embossing powder, and then covered it with Glossy Accents.  I love this embossing powder because it adds glitter and it made the letters feel like chipboard. 

Hope you enjoy!  Keep checking back to see the other pages.... :)

No comments: