Monday, May 30, 2011

Owl Birthday Card

Wow!  I'm impressed with myself for posting two projects in one day!!! :)  I wanted to post the last pages of my mini-album and I wanted to enter the Monday Challenge at http://craftspotbykimberly.blogspot.com/. The challenge this week is to create something using cute critters.  My favorite Cricut cartridge is Create a Critter, so I love making projects with animals on them!  This card was for my sister's birthday, and I used the Hoot 'n' Holler cartridge because she LOVES owls....  The lighting in my craft room is so bad, but here it is....

A2 sized card
Hoot 'n' Holler Cricut Lite Cartridge- owl cut at 3"
Cuttlebug folders- Swiss Dots for the owl layer, Spots and Dots for the light blue strip
Sentiment:  My Pink Stamper Stamps- Tweetie Hoo Puns
Patterned paper is from the Basic Grey lime rickey collection
Stickles- yellow (used to add sparkle to the patterned background)
Ribbon (Paper Trey Ink)
Black mini brads

6 comments:

Joy said...

How cute ! The owl is adorable ! Glad you joined us at My Craft Spot this week!
Joy

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Sooo cute!! Love the adorable owl and the fun colors you used! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

Kimberly

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

This is adorable! I love all the spots and dots and the colors are so bright and cheery! The owl is so cute too! I'm sure your sister loved it! Thanks for playing along with us this week at My Craft Spot!
Amber

Kate said...

What a great card! I love the way the paper and embossing complement the owl's eyes. Everything works so well together. Super job!
Thanks so much for joining us this week at My Craft Spot!
Kate
Small Bits of Paper

jennyplace2 said...

OMG! This is just so adorable! Love everything about the card! The embossing just finish it right off. Thanks for joining in the challenge at My Craft Spot.

Amy C said...

This is darling!! I love the embossing. Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot!!

Hugs,
Amy
Scrapping Mommy