Sunday, May 22, 2011

Paisley Thank You Card

A friend of mine helped me clean all of my cabinets at work.  Let me tell you that teachers can accumulate a lot of "stuff" over the years.  It was a big job (that I've been avoiding for 4 years), and she took time out of working in her own classroom to help me, so....  I owe her a big thanks!  Here is the card I came up with for her.




A2 sized card
Paisley Cricut Cartridge- <Paisly1> cut at 2.88"
Sentiment: Hero Arts- Trees, Birds & Messages Stamp Set
Patterned paper is from Making Memories 'brights mat stack'
Martha Stewart turquoise tinsel glitter
Zebra print brad (The Paper Studio)
VersaMark Ink
White Embossing Powder
White gel pen
Pop-up Glue Dots

On my Gypsy I flipped the paisley image.  I ran the blue piece (upside down) through my Xyron sticker maker, then layered the pink piece over it.  Then I sprinkled the exposed areas with the glitter.  Once all of the pieces were layered, I used my Crop-a-Dile Big Bite to punch a hole for the brad, and I did some stitching with my white gel pen.  I rounded the corners of the card, and did stitching around those edges too.  Then I stamped the sentiment with VersaMark ink and embossed it with white embossing powder. 

See ya later!

1 comment:

Princess_Sarah_Sue said...

I LOVE this card! Amy you're the best! So far this is my favorite = )