Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy Card

Hello everyone!  It's been so hot around here!  It definitely does inspire some of my cards, like this one!  I love drinking homemade lemonade on a hot day....  It's so refreshing!  I was also inspired by my new Scrappy Moms Stamps!!!!!  I would highly recommend these to anyone!  They are such nice quality and they smell good (just like MPS stamps)....  :)  This sentiment is awesome, and my students and I actually say this all the time!  :)  Since it is so hot today, I will share my favorite recipe for lemonade!  Look for it at the end of this post...  As always, don't forget to enter my giveaway ------>here<------- if you haven't already....  :) 

Frosted Designs- use buttons
Our Creative Corner- use the 4 B's (black, bling, buttons, bows)
FCCB- use a melon or another fruit
Woodware USA- stamped background
365 Cards- stamp your sentiment all over the background
Use it Tuesday- use two hoarded items (I used the beads and the black jute cord for the first time)
Papercraft Star- anything goes






A2 sized card
Savory cartridge- pitcher cut at 4.06", lemon cut at 1.82"
Scrappy Moms Stamps- A Pinch & a Dash
MS pigment ink- ocean
Stickles- star dust
A la Mode sparkle embossing powder
Clear beads
Jute cord- black
Buttons

*I stamped the sentiment multiple times on white cardstock using VersaMark ink.  I then embossed it with the sparkle embossing powder and used my heat tool to set it.  Then you can just rub ink over the entire piece of cardstock and the ink won't stick to the embossing!  Sooo cool!  :)  I think it actually made a pretty neat looking background....

Okay, as promised, here is my favorite recipe for lemonade!  I did not come up with this recipe.... I found it on allrecipes.com.  Mmmmmm.... So refreshing!!!

Best Lemonade Ever


Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups white sugar
8 cups water
1 1/2 cups lemon juice

Directions:
1.  In a small saucepan, combine sugar and 1 cup of water.  Bring to a boil and stir to dissolve sugar.  Allow to cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until chilled.
2.  Remove seeds from lemon juice, but leave pulp.  In pitcher stir together chilled syrup, lemon juice, and remaining 7 cups of water.

It's just that "easy-peasy, lemon squeezy"!  Enjoy!  :)

43 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh that lemonade looks good enough to drink.. SUPER cute Amy. And thanks for the recipe.

Nita said...

Oh YUM (referring to the card AND the lemonade)! Hooray for Scrappy Moms stamps! I love mine too - how funny is it that we smell the stamps before we use them? HA! :) Great card, as always - I love the twine and the simplicity of your colour choices. Perfect for summer!
Nita

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super sweet and yummy card!

Isn't versa mark the best?!!



Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

DIANA L. said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
I was wondering how long it would take you -----super--
you can send your snail mail to

DL.art@sbcglobal.net


DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

I love your lemonade- I might just make that

Lisa said...

This is so AWESOME, Amy! Both the card and the recipe...which I am definitely going to try! I LOVE lemonade :) Your card is so fabulous! The background technique turned out beautifully! (I have got to use my versa mark more) I love the buttons on the bottom, too! Excellent card :D

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

Maribel said...

Yum!! I love lemonade! This is the perfect summer card! I just got this cart and can't wait to use it :)
Maribel

Anonymous said...

Love your card and thanks for the recipe :-)

girlia said...

Love the card. Love the inspiration! thanks for sharing the recipe

Haven_mom4 said...

Love the lemon aid. So glad you came to play with us @ Use it Tuesday- Haven

Lolis said...

Great technique for the background! The card is very cute!

HappyPlaceJen said...

This is a great lemonade card! And that sentiment is a favorite of mine. Think I may have to get that SM set after all. And I totally agree about the smell of the SM stamps. Not sure what makes them smell that way, but I like it! :) Jen http://happyplaceforjen.blogspot.com/

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So pretty, a perfect summer time card!

MyCuriousCrafts said...

Hi Amy, great job my super duper talented friend. Awesome! ~Shen

Ali said...

This card is looking too much cute and the card background is lovely....Scratch Card Printing
discount card printing
Membership card printing

Arlene said...

Such a delicious card...makes me want lemonade! Love the colors and all the details you added. Simply beautiful! :)

Arlene.

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Great card and a recipe to boot!
Thank you for playing along at http://ShesASassyLady.blogspot.com your entry has been received and you are eligible to win. Note you can enter a new design daily for more chances to win. Good Luck!

Amy said...

This is such a great card with lots of wonderful details! Love the sparkly sugar at the bottom of the pitcher. Thanks so much for playing this week at FCCB! :)Amy

Donna Lee said...

Adorable card! Thanks for popping into my blog and leaving a comment! I enjoy shopping at Hobby Lobby too. Trying to get my son to apply for a job there so we can get a little discount! LOL

KraftyKoolKat said...

This looks very tasty. Fantastic layout sweetie.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Adrian said...

Love, love!

Bernadet Rodakowski said...

Love black and yellow, but with that aqua background the colors just pop! I thought it was some fun DP at first, and then see you made it yourself. Great job. And thanks for the lemonade recipe, an added bonus for visiting you blog! (Found you on FCCB).
Bernadet
bernadetscraftblog.blogspot.com

Dr Sonia S V said...

Amy just looking at your card will quench thirst as it is so very beautiful ! Awesome color and texture.
Cheers
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Such a SWEET card!! I love the colors and the design. Thanks for the recipe..will defiantly try it!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Chriss America Real said...

Hi Amy,

You won my blog candy, stop by my blog.

chrissandlou.blogspot.com
america57@comcast.net

Carissa said...

Your card is adorable!! I love all the detail. How did you combine so many challenges into one card. Way to go!! Thanks for joining us at FCCB. We hope to see you again. www.happilyeverpapercrafter.blogspot.com

Carissa said...

Your card is adorable!! I love all the detail. How did you combine so many challenges into one card. Way to go!! Thanks for joining us at FCCB. We hope to see you again. www.happilyeverpapercrafter.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

very cute!! I love all things lemon, it's just so refreshing even just to look at!

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wonderful card and recipe! Thanks for sharing and playing along over at Frosted Designs.

Yvonne Garner said...

What an adorable card! So nice of you to share a recipe as well. Take care. Yvonne

Unknown said...

Amy this is a cool!!! card:) Love everything. Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

kisatrtle said...

Great card!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing the recipe, it now saves me looking it up as all my lemons get knocked off the tree from massive winds we are having...What a adorable card!! Love what you have done

Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs this week I look forward to seeing more of you work

~Amanda~

kissinia said...

Fabulous Creation! Thanks for the recipe too :) Many thanks for playing with us at Frosted Designs.

Karen H said...

Oh my gosh Amy, this is so gorgeous! It's bursting with sunshine and sweetness, isn't it? The beads are genius and I'm in love with those yellow buttons. Your mind is incredible, my friend! This is just a beautiful creation. :o) (Sorry for the comment delay... crazy schedule!)

Hugs and blessings! :o)
http://kaleidoscopicsparkles.blogspot.com

ScrappyRae10 said...

What a SUPER cute idea. I am going to have to get that stamps set now. LOL How stinking cute!

Tracy said...

Now this card was made for me! :-) I'm a lemonade maniac. Fabulous design and I really like the jute cord and button embellies. Thanks so much for playing this week at Papercraft Star! Hope you'll come back and play again!

Tina said...

What a great card Amy!! Love everything about it!! Very refreshing!! :)
Tina

BugBites said...

very cute.

Kerri-Jo Sharp said...

Very cute card!!! It makes me thirsty!!

Kerri @ www.razorsharpcrafts.blogspot.com

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Such a sweet card! I'm definitely getting thirsty just by looking at it! Thanks for the recipe, and for linking up at Our Creative Corner!

Pam said...

I love this, Amy - wonderful card!

Nancy said...

Now I'm dying for a lemonade!!! LOL! Thanks for playing along with us at Use It Tuesday!