Monday, July 18, 2011

You're Tops in my Book Card

Hey everyone!  The idea for this card just popped into my brain during the car ride on the way home from Monterey!  I knew the challenge at Cricut 360 was to do something for your parents, but I had no idea what I was going to do...  Well, when you're driving for hours, you get to do a lot of thinking!  :)  I like the way this turned out, it looks almost like it did in my head....  I will definitely be sending this to my parents because they are the best parents ever!!!!  They pretty much paid for the trip to Monterey, they are always supportive of my sister and me, and they just rock!  :)

Cricut 360- create something for the parents
Frosted Designs- use a quote (I've heard people say this before)
GAB Challenge- use something you rarely use (Graphically Speaking cart. & the wobble springs)
Whimsical Wednesday- interactive fun (I used springs under the tops, so they wiggle a lot)
365 Cards- add dimension to your project





Graphically Speaking- book card base cut at 4.29"
Joys of the Season- ornament (I used to make tops) cut at 2.53"
Cuttlebug- d'vine swirls
Peachy Keen Stamps- Retro Paper Doll Face Assortment
Sentiment is from my computer- HP PSG font at size 18
Stickles- star dust, cotton candy, lime green
Glossy Accents
Wire to make the springs

**  I used the search feature on my Gypsy to find a top and the only cartridge that has one is Boys Will be Boys.  I don't own that cartridge so I started thinking about other things that may resemble a top, and that's when ornaments popped into my brain!  I used the ornament from Joys of the Season, cut each one 3 times (so I could layer the different colored papers), cut off the top of the ornament and the little ball on the bottom, and VOILA it's a little spinning top!  :)

**  I had been hearing that you can use Action Wobbles to create movement on your cards, but I didn't have any.... so, I made my own.  They are not exactly the same as the Action Wobbles, but they are really fun!  To make them I just cut some wire, wrapped it around a pen, and used Scotch tape to adhere it to the little tops and then to the card. 


Hope you enjoy, and you're all tops in my book too!  :)

35 comments:

Sherrie K. said...

Wowzers...this is stinken adorable!! I love the colors, the embossing is awesome and those cute faces...how can you not look at them and giggle..too cute!!TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

MyCuriousCrafts said...

OMGoodness Amy, you rocked this one my friend. FABULOUS! I see another new cart in my future. You are such an enabler - lol. Absolutely stunning! ~Shen

DIANA L. said...

This is super your parents will love it. What a cute card and Idea.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Cricutjunkie said...

Really Nice Card, I love the glitter and the sentiment. Great Job Traci

Dr Sonia S V said...

Amy what a brainwave you had. I absolutely love the tops idea.The pink and green plus the embossing is gorgeous.Such a fab card for your folks!

Nita said...

Ha ha! I love it! Puns just get me every time! This is super cute and super funny and your parents are going to love it. :)
Nita

Unknown said...

This is an adorable card, so smart using the ornaments too!! Your mom and dad will love it. You are just so creative:)) Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

Cindy Beland said...

Hi Amy,Your card is sooo CUTE!AWESOME job with all the SUPER details,I LOVE the embossing and the sweet tops with those little faces!JUST FANTASTIC!!:)

Chloe and Her Clip On Koalas said...

Love the shape and the retro faces. Such a great idea using action wobbles. Thanks for playing along at Whimsical Wednesday with us. Chloe :)

Sonya said...

Now how clever is that? It's perfect, love the tops!! Glad you joined us at Cricut360 this week!!

Cathryn said...

Such an adorable card! You are very creative, nicer job making the tops!! Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays! Hugs, Cathryn :)

L.B. said...

Super fun

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Very clever and so cute! I love it! Thanks for joining us at Cricut 360 this week!

Stacey
staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Wow, Amy, this is so absolutely ADORABLE! What a great brainstorm you had! Those two tops are just the cutest and I love that they wiggle and giggle! How fabulous! And the quote is perfect! LOVE it!! :D

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is fabulous sweetie. I am sure your parents will love it and it must be good to have lovely parents.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Amy, what an adorable card.. I am so sure your parents are going to love it.... you are so creative. hugs

my crafting creations said...

I love this card. really cute and creative. Thanks for entering into the challenge with us at Cricut 360

Kim

Rachel said...

This is such a great card, and so original and one-of-a-kind! Great idea making your own wobbles, I'll have to make some too Thanks!

-rwk
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Kristin Aquariann said...

Awww, how cute! The glitter is a nice touch.

Houses Built of Cards said...

Totally ADORABLE card!!! GREAT idea!!! Thanks for joining us at Cricut 360!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

*Star said...

So cute!! I love the sparkle and those PK faces are some of my favorites!! Thanks for sharing this with us at Whimsical Wednesday. :)

Lisa said...

super cute tops! Thx for sharing and joining us over at cricut 360!

DebC said...

Great job in this challenge and love the PK faces! Thanks for joining us at Cricut 360!
Deb
bugjuiced.blogspot.com

Faith Abigail Designs said...

Adorable! I have some wire sitting in my craft drawer right now and I may have to give these action wobbles a try. They're so cute! So happy you could join us at Whimsical Wednesdays!

Year 2 said...

This is so cute! How clever to make them wobble, I will have to try that! I love the faces awwwwwww! Thanks for linking up at Whimsical Wednesday :-)

Jo said...

Wow, this is a fun one!! Very clever and unique ... great job!!

Thanks for joining us at Cricut 360° … hope to see you next week, too!

Jo
idratherbemakingcards.blogspot.com

Glora said...

Cute idea and I bet they are so fun and springy too! Perfect little sentiment to go with it as well! hugs- Glora

GiGi said...

What a cute card! I love the top faces and that they are on springs. Thanks for playing at WHimsical Wednesdays!

Ann said...

Very clever! This is adorable. Thanks for sharing it with us at Frosted Designs!

BugBites said...

very cute. TFS with us at Frosted Designs.

Anonymous said...

Super cute card....great take on the challenge... Thanks for joining us at Cricut 360º...HUGS...SK :)

jessica said...

Adorable card!! I love that you made your own wobbles! Thanks for sharing and playing along with us over at Whimsical Wednesdays :)

Anonymous said...

Action Wobblies! Ha! What a great name I have never heard of them before today but I think that what you made sounds like a great idea. Love the card...great idea on the ornaments!

Ashley Nicole said...

I love it. Love wobbles. You did a great job. Thanks for joining us at GAB Challenges.
Ashley(Nikki)

Anonymous said...

This is such an adorable sweeet card :)