Saturday, July 9, 2011

Wedding Card for My Sister & a Blog Award Update! :)

Happy Saturday everyone!  I have to first start of by saying a BIG thank you to Rebecca at Crafting Misfit.  She has given me this blog award, and I truly feel honored that she thought of me!  Her blog is amazing, she is not a misfit at all in this crafting world! :)  Check out her blog sometime, you'll enjoy it!  Thanks again Rebecca!  You can see the orignal post for this blog award by clicking here.


Now onto my card for today....  I have had this card in mind for a while now....  I just couldn't decide if I should do a traditional wedding card, or a  Las Vegas themed card for my sister....  Well.....  After much consideration, I decided to make a half & half card (half traditional, half Vegas)!  How fun!  I had a great time making this card, and I really like the end result!  I know my sister is going to like it too (and the cash gift inside doesn't hurt)... ;)




This is an A2 sized card.  I really stepped outside of my comfort zone for this one....  I didn't use my Cricut at all on this card!  AND I didn't use my Cuttlebug OR my Stickles!!!  AND I didn't enter this into any challenges!  Wow!  Who am I?!?!  :)  Let's look at the Vegas side:  The font is AR HERMANN, size 48.  The stickers are from Jolee's....  Now let's take a look at the traditional side:  The font is Edwardian Script ITC, size 48.  The stickers are from K & Company.  The pearls and rhinestones are from The Paper Studio. 

There you have it, my first (and possibly only) half & half card....  Hope you enjoy it!  :)

12 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Amy that is so awesome, you did an amazing job.. who would have thought of doing something like this.. I love it. hugs

Adrian said...

Wow, u did a great job!

Unknown said...

Amy this is a super creative idea!!! So adorable. Your sis is going to just love it. Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

Karen said...

love it the split design is genius!
Sure your sister will love it!
karen

MyCuriousCrafts said...

Hi Amy, what an adorable card...awesome job with this one my friend. ~Shen

Unknown said...

Hey Amy, come over to my blog when you have a minute, I have something for you Sweetie. Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

Janell J said...

Oh man that award looks scrumptious LOL!! congrats on your award!!! great blog!!! I need to learn how to make all of those neat wallpapers LOL!!

Cricutjunkie said...

Wow! very nice card. Your work is awesome. Thanks for stopping by and becoming a follower. I am now your newest follower. Look forward to more awesome creations. Traci

Dr Sonia S V said...

Amy Congrats on being featured at 365 cards.Its a fav haunt of mine and I was pleased to see a familiar name there.Congrats dear!
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this beautiful & fun card!!! We both loved it! I love it so much I'm going to put it in my photo album as a photo (: just when I thought it couldn't get any better I opened it to see a quote from John Lennon, "All you need is love.". That quote will forever remind me of the amazing Beatles LOVE show we all watched and experienced together before the wedding!!!!!

Love- Your Sis

newindianweddingcards said...

Awesome very Awesome Amy. I like so very much. The cards design is very attractive and funny. Newindianweddingcards as a provide online wedding cards services. Thanks for sharing this post..

Unknown said...

So creative card !!Looks happy happy feeling by the seeing of your cards...I need to learn how to make all of those neat wallpapers!!!!
plastic key tags
plastic id cards online