Thursday, July 14, 2011

Rose Birthday Card

Hello everyone!  I am really excited today because I stepped outside of my comfort zone and made some paper flowers.  These flowers were fun to make, and I was so happy that they turned out looking somewhat like roses! :)  I followed a video tutorial to make these flowers... you can see that video here.  This card is definitely more elegant than I'm used to making too...  There is no amount of Create a Critter on here at all!  Hee hee....  :)  Here's the card....

Cricut Cardz Challenge- create a birthday card for a grandparent
Birthday Sundaes- create a birthday card using green, orange, and white
Scrappy Frogs Challenge- use flowers in your project





A2 sized card
Cricut cartridges used:
George and Basic Shapes- flowers (each size is cut x3) cut at 1.5", 2", 2.5"
Storybook- frame cut at 1.51" for white piece, 1.71" for green piece
Disney Princess Dreams Come True- leaves cut at 1.5", 1.94"
Cuttlebug- argyle
Sentiment- Hero Arts Birthday Messages stamp set
Glue gun

Well there it is....  No stickles, no punny sentiment, no Create a Critter....  Just a pretty fancy card!  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!  :)

**I am also going to enter this into the Kissed by a Frog linky party: http://kissedbyafrog.blogspot.com/2011/07/frog-blog-love-linky-party-5.html
AND

25 comments:

TyTynNiyasmom said...

Amy this is absolute gorgeous!!! You did an amazing job with the roses :)

Candace
mypassion4scrappin.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

WOW, Amy, this is absolutely GORGEOUS! Your roses turned out fabulously - they look so real, like a very elegant corsage! LOVE it :D

Lisa

girlia said...

OMG!! This is a beautiful card. Love those roses.

Amy said...

Wow! Amy this is stunning! Those roses are AMAZING!! I love the embossed background as well! Beautiful card! :)Amy

Maribel said...

Your flowers are beautiful! Such a classy card!
Great touch with the embossing!
Maribel

Shelly said...

Wow gorgeous!!! I LOVE paper flowers and yours are beautiful!
Shelly

MyCuriousCrafts said...

Amy, what an amazing card...love it. You did a FAB job! ~Shen

Anonymous said...

I can practically smell the roses! BEEutiful!!!!!

Love ya,
Joni

Dr Sonia S V said...

Amy I love the flowers and the colors!! It contrasts so well with the white!
Thank You for leaving such wonderful compliments on my blog earlier dear!
love
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Amy , you need to step out of your comfort zone more often, this is just GORGEOUS...

Pat N. said...

Wow, what a beautiful card, Amy. Your flowers are perfect. Very Very pretty!--Pat N.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness...I LOVE YOUR CARDS!! You do such an amazing job! I usually make a card every seaon to send to Grandparents with updated pics of my kids, so I can't wait to try some of your ideas!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for leaving such a sweet comment! I'm following back and can't wait to read more of your blog!

Unknown said...

your card turned out beautiful. im thinking about buying one of the circuit cutters your inspiring me.
lauren

and im your newest follower as well

Cindy said...

Ok Amy, I am gasping! This is just an awesome card. Those flowers look like they are real and I LOVE the embossing in the background! Just an unbelievable card....wow!
Cindy Porter
http://cardcrazeeme53.blogspot.com/

AsylumTanya said...

This card is very lovely! The flowers are my favorite! Thanks for becoming a follower of mine. I am now following you!

Glora said...

Wow, this is SERIOUSLY STUNNING. Those flowers are perfect. I've been afraid to even try one but you are making want to try, it is just too gorgeous. Hugs- Glora

Anonymous said...

OH WOW!!!! Your card is stunning...Thanks for joining us at Birthday Sundays ...HUGS...SK :)

mamawcindy said...

Your Card is so Pretty!! Love the Colors! Would love to see a Tutorial on how to make the Flowers. I am a New Follower of Yours. Can't wait to come back and see what else you Create. :0)

Melissa said...

Your card is gorgeous,love the colors and the flowers are beautiful, you did such a fabulous job with the challenge! Thanks so much for joining CCC!

Karen H said...

Well my goodness, Amy... this doesn't look like it was outside your comfort zone at all! It's stunning! The flowers are gorgeous and I absolutely cannot wait to view that video and make my own! :D Beautiful work, my friend!

Hugs and blessings! :o)
http://kaleidoscopicsparkles.blogspot.com

Marlene said...

Beautiful Card! Love the Roses! Thanks for playing with us at Birthday Sundaes!

Marlene
Birthday Sundaes DT

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

Beautiful card. The flowers are gorgeous.

Thanks for playing along @ CCC.

ShersL84bed said...

Wow, this is beautiful!

SMiles Sher

Vicky said...

beautiful, love how you did the flowers. you need to do a video they look soo real and I am a new follower

Unknown said...

I am so glad you joined the linky party last week and had fun!! I hope you will join me again tomorrow!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH,
Jenni